The New Year 2018 has officially just started, and it’s time for some brand-new features for your multilingual WordPress sites. After launching the WPML Contractors Club a few days ago, the WPML crew just released WPML 3.9 into the wild.
This new version comes with all-around improvements including a new way to run listings, directory, classifieds and e-commerce sites. From now, you can create content in the site’s default language and have it appear (untranslated) on other languages without duplication.
- Display untranslated content without duplication
- New dedicated page for translation services
- Revamped email notification system for translation jobs
- Reintroduction of
Show Differencesoption in WPML’s Translation Editor
- Option to set deadlines for translation jobs
- Improved workflow when translating content of page builders
As usual, please test the new version on your staging site first and backup your entire site prior to updating to WPML 3.9.