The folks at SkyVerge recently released WooCommerce Memberships version 1.10, which adds a couple of highly-requested features including free shipping perks for members and batch processing.
Free Shipping Perks
First, you can now offer free shipping rates aka prime shipping specific to your members. This can decrease cart abandonment rates and increase average cart sizes as well as customer loyalty. When setting up free shipping, “An active membership” can now be selected as a condition for the rate. Please note that this requires WooCommerce 3.2+ to be installed.
Additionally, you can still offer free shipping to non-members if they meet certain requirements such as a minimum order amount or if they have a coupon. To avoid confusion, active members will not be offered this non-member rate.
More New Features
- Batch processing including member import & export
- Rescheduling of user membership emails in bulk, e.g. for Membership Ending Soon & Renewal Reminder emails
- Retroactive granting of membership plan access in bulk
- Option to create free user memberships for your entire user base
- Restricted content notice when logged in as an admin to remind you that this content is not available to guests or non-members
- Support of the WP CLI 1.5 command line tool
SkyVerge recently developed a bunch of free and paid WooCommerce Memberships add-ons including Teams for Memberships. A new one is currently in the works and will be available soon. It will synchronize your members list with Mailchimp.
In version 1.11, they added REST API endpoints for user memberships and plans (read-only to start), along with webhooks for member or plan updates. Developers will definitely love this update!