Automattic just released the first minor release for 2020 which has been in development since November last year. WooCommerce 3.9 features the new, filterable All Products Block for Gutenberg.
All Products Block & More
- The All Products Block for the Gutenberg Block Editor displays the products of your online store in a grid, complete with sorting and pagination. There’s also an updated UI allowing you to add, remove, or move blocks within another using Inner Blocks.
- They also introduced several filtering blocks to work alongside the All Products Block and help customers find products easier including Filter by Price, Filter by Attribute, and the ability to view Active Filters.
- WooCommerce 3.9 now requires WordPress 5.0 and PHP 7.0 or later to run.
- The MaxMind Geolocation integration which is used to determine a customer’s country since WooCommerce 2.3 now requires store owners to approve its end-user license agreement (EULA) in order to download the GeoLite2 database.
- Additional tweaks include a Show button for password fields, and a payment gateway API to set up and customize “pay” buttons.
Note that this update should be fully backward compatible with every WooCommerce release since 3.0.