It’s been a bit quiet around AppThemes lately, but they are back with a bang. Vantage 4.0, the #1 WordPress directory theme, has finally been released. Code-wise, it has been overhauled from scratch and now comes with a complete modern redesign and features galore.
As for features, AppThemes have been listening carefully to the requests and critics from their existing customers. Vantage now shines in new splendor replacing the old outdated design. Both its look & feel and layout can be customized more easily.
Also developers will enjoy more action and filter hooks along with a better compatibility with third party plugins.
Check out the following feature highlights:
- Fully responsive design
- Pinpoint accuracy search (location & keyword based)
- Advanced search including custom fields
- Geo-coded listings
- Monetisation options:
- Flexible pricing plans, e.g. featured & claimable listings
- Subscriptions & recurring payments
- Multiple plans, e.g. for listing categories
- Option for business owners to claim listings
- PayPal IPN (free) or 10+ payment gateways (paid, via AppThemes Marketplace)
- Custom form builder
- Frontend user dashboard for managing listings
- Listing reviews
- Users can mark listings as “favourites”
- Based on Foundation Framework (v6)
- Enhanced Google Maps with auto-complete location search, new marker options & geocoding features
- Social integration
- Multi-language support
- Support of Multisite
- AppThemes API
- Replacement of schema.org microdata with JSON-LD structured data format
- Custom post types & taxonomies
- Adoption of WordPress theme best practices
Useful Plugins & Add-ons
Vantage 4.0 can be extended via numerous WordPress plugins both free and paid. Simply check out the AppThemes Marketplace. We recommend the following three add-ons:
Stripe for accepting credit cards, Critic for enabling a review & rating system and last but not least AppThemes Coupons. The last one allows you to offer an incentive to business owners to register with you and to gain traction.
Existing customers, who want to upgrade their Vantage 3.x based site should wait until the migration script in version 4.1.0 has been released. This version is expected around
mid April 2017 has finally been released in June 2017.
Check out the following steps to upgrade from Vantage 3.x:
- Get v4.1.0 from your customer dashboard (the updater plugin won’t detect it)
- Make a complete backup in case something goes wrong or you want to roll back to v3.x
- Activate v4.1.0 and the migration script will automatically run so there’s no turning back to 3.x
Vantage 4.0.x can already be installed on your old site. Reviews and search, however, will not work as expected.
How to Upgrade for Free
We love free upgrades as much as the next person. Luckily, we are a legacy customer with free lifetime updates. However, members with an active subscription to Vantage or AppThemes Club enjoy the upgrade free of charge.
Pricing, Updates & Support
Vantage 4.0 can be purchased for just $69 for a Standard license or $199 for a Club membership.
Both lifetime licenses allow you to install it on an unlimited number of websites. Also they come with 12 months of support and updates. Optional renewals are available for a mere $29 or $79.
AppThemes Club gets you access to 20+ existing and future plugins and child themes developed by the AppThemes team. A real bargain!