A few weeks ago we switched from Optimus by KeyCDN to ShortPixel for image compression and optimization. Now, they’re about to officially launch a new WordPress plugin called ShortPixel Adaptive Images that is one-of-a-kind.
ShortPixel Adaptive Images
The WordPress plugin delivers optimized and properly sized images for each device used by visitors of your site. It comes with loads of features to improve the user experience (UX) of your WordPress site, e.g. automatic WebP delivery to compatible browsers, lazy loading, SVG placeholders, and smart cropping. Images are served through ShortPixel’s global content delivery network (CDN).
- Image Optimization: Lossless, glossy or lossy
- Image Resizing on-the-fly: Images are resized according to the site visitor’s viewport.
- Image CDN: A Content Delivery Network distributes your content through multiple servers located worldwide.
- Automatic WebP Delivery: Optional setting
- Smart Cropping: Algorithms detect the subject of an image and then crop it accordingly.
- Lazy Loading: Images on your site are loaded gradually with the ones in the visible part being loaded first.
- SVG Placeholders: Images not ready to be served are replaced by SVG placeholders.
Note that the plugin and the CDN service are 100% free until 15th of April 2019 while being in beta. After that date they’ll start charging for it. That’s a really good opportunity to take it for a spin!
PS: By signing up via above links you’ll get 50% larger plans for the same money. Valid for both one-time and monthly plans.