Today, we are starting our loose series about one page checkout extensions for Magento with a review of Amasty’s One Step Checkout module. To begin with we would like to show why such modules could be interesting for a Magento powered shop and what the advantages are.
What is the Difference between One Step and Multi Step Checkouts?
By default, a native Magento shop comes with a multi step checkout. Whilst these multiple steps are collapsed and all but one are hidden, they are on a single page as well and could be considered to be a one step checkout. However, from a customer’s point of view they still have to go through various steps.
What are the Advantages?
According to A/B tests and researches done by GetElastic.com, single page checkouts lead to a much higher sales and conversion rate. We are not talking about 1 or 2 more sales, but an increase of up to 22% compared to the native checkout.
Amasty’s One Step Checkout Magento Extension
As you can see in above screenshot, this module is decreasing the native six steps to one step only. This will most likely lead to fewer abandoned carts and increased sales as customers can see all required checkout fields and are thus not surprised by yet another step after finishing the previous one. By the way, as per your requirement you can choose a 1, 2 or even 3 column layout and combine both shopping crat and checkout into one single page. Great isn’t it?
Now let’s have a closer look at the features. Being continually developed, Amasty are adding new ones to the module from time to time.
- Complete checkout process on one single page
- Responsive layout for mobile devices
- Decrease the abandonment rate of shopping carts
- A clear, fast & intuitive checkout process increases the trust level and usability of your shop and improves user experience
- Dramatically increase your conversion rate
- Even available for guests
- Geo IP location
- Registered customers can login on checkout page
- Option for customers to register at checkout
- Auto-update prices, shipping & payment methods
- Easy to customize
Easy to Customize as per your Requirements
- Configure checkout process: Move checkout to cart page or combine shopping cart and order review steps
- 1, 2 or even 3 column layout
- Specify default values for country, shipping and payment method fields
- Set different module settings per store view
- Manage fields in custom blocks:
- Optimize conversion rate by rearranging fields in any order in a block
- Set fields mandatory or optional
- Rename, add and delete fields
- Adjust field size
The One Step Checkout module is compatible with a huge range of Amasty’s other extensions including AJAX Shopping Cart, Order Attributes, Customer Attributes, Shipping Restrictions and Payment Restrictions.
Even though there is a controversy going on about multi step checkouts compared to single step checkouts, we personally are a big fan of the latter ones. A compact, clear and fast checkout process makes a great online shopping tour an even better experience. And this state-of-the-art module allows you to implement a customer-friendly checkout for an affordable price. Go and play around with the demo of both the admin backend and front page to see if it fits your needs. However, there is one thing missing: An EU VAT number validation would be a nice-to-have feature for companies based in the EU who are selling to other EU businesses. Hopefully, this feature is already listed on Amasty’s development road map.