The Popup Maker team just released one of the most asked for premium features to their WordPress popup plugin. Geo-targeting is now officially available!
Geotargeting allows you to target popups to specific geographical regions. You are now able to add new targeting conditions to your pop-ups that allow you to show pop-ups:
- only to visitors from certain countries
- to all visitors except certain countries
- only to visitors from certain states or provinces
- to all visitors except certain states or provinces
- only to visitors from certain postal / zip codes
- to all visitors except certain postal / zip codes
Unlike other tools that contain a database of (sometimes outdated) location data, they have built the new feature on top of third-party services. As these services update their databases weekly and sometimes even daily, it can be ensured that your geotargeting is always accurate and up-to-date.
The feature will require one of the following services:
- IPStack (data updates up to 20 times per day)
- WP Engine’s GeoTarget Add-on (only supports targeting countries, states, and provinces)
- Cloudflare’s IP Geolocation (only supports targeting countries)
Geotargeting is now available as part of the Popup Maker Optimize plan.