After successfully running a beta for a limited number of users, the folks at Magestore now officially released their new progressive web app point of sale system aka PWA POS for Magento 2. It’s the first PWA Point of Sale for online-to-offline retailers.
PWA POS is a combination of a web-based POS and a native app to deliver a smooth and high-speed checkout experience. With the latest upgrade to PWA, now you can use the point of sale system seamlessly on any desktop and mobile devices like a native app without any installation required. Nothing is stored off-site, so you will always be in control of your data.
- Lightning-fast checkout: PWA POS delivers a fast mobile experience
- Barcode scanning & customer search in under 1s
- Complete transactions in less than 10 seconds
- Handling of up to 100k SKUs & 100k customers
- Process up to 12,000 orders per hour
- Flexible Orders: Create multiple orders at the same time or hold orders
- Reliable offline mode: PWA POS works much faster and more reliable offline. No more interruptions in the checkout process!
- Real-time data synchronization:
- Products, inventory, customers & orders are synced in real-time between online shop & physical store
- Check stock levels across different locations from a single view system
- Flexible payment methods: Split order payments into several transactions. Customers can pay with multiple online or offline payment methods – or a mix of both, e.g. Cash, PayPal, Authorize.net, Bambora & Stripe
- Easy Refunds: Check order history, refund whole orders or in part, process payment for customers and return items to stock
Being part of Magestore’s Omnichannel Solution, it is compatible with Inventory Management, Reward Points, and Store Credit. Note that the new PWA version is replacing the old webPOS in their Omnichannel packages for Magento 2. Furthermore, they announced the end of life for their Retailer POS app and Sales Order app.
PWA POS For Australia
Also, Magestore developed a PWA POS exclusively for the Australian market. It comes with the same great performance, but with a set of more localized set of features, e.g. integration with Tyro EFTPOS, zipPay, and Afterpay. Support of Laybuy, Xero, and QuickBooks Online will be coming soon.