iThemes just announced Web Design Bootcamp, a 2 day online training event with design exppert Michelle Schulp on March 26 and 27 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm (CT). Not sure whether this course is right for you? Find out by attending two free training previews!
During Web Design Bootcamp, a new two-day online training event with Michelle Schulp, you’ll learn the fundamentals of designing for the web. Each day will provide a design workshop so you’ll leave with a concrete understanding of design as it relates to the web, including terminology, concepts, strategy and practical techniques for designing effective websites.
Day 1 Agenda: Design Thinking Workshop
Learn design terminology and how to think like a web designer about your website.
- What is design?
- How does it relate to the web?
- Overview of design systems, problem solving and strategy
- Understanding your ecosystem: audience, marketplace and content
- Establishing calls to action and primary/secondary wins for websites
- Establishing visual and content hierarchy
Day 2 Agenda: Practical Design Workshop
Implement good design practices into existing websites using concrete tips and existing (core) tools.
- Rules for typography, colour, whitespace, contrast and layout
- How people interact with websites (buttons, forms, menus, etc.)
- Intro to modular/atomic design
- Using core WordPress tools (like Gutenberg) to implement design rules
- Tips for choosing WordPress themes/plugins from a design perspective
Please note that active iThemes WordPress Web Designer’s Toolkit members get free access to the summit. Can’t make it to the live event? No worries, you will get access to video replays and all course downloads to watch at your convenience.