A couple of days ago, aheadWorks have released a major update for their iPhone Magento theme. Being top-rated with currently 4.5/5 stars by 53 reviews, the iPhone Theme 3.0 has not only been improved in terms of speed and user experience (UX), but also optimized for iPads. Especially the latter feature is vital for online shops as mobile devices have overtaken desktops as the primary device for browsing the web.
It has been refactored with new scripts and CSS styles allowing you to customize it more easier. However, there is one downside: Any customization made for iPhone Theme 2.x will unfortunately not be compatible with version 3.0.
- Optimized for iPads
- Speed-optimized: 30% Less server requests + 18% smaller average page size
- Product page enhancements
- Product page with quantity field
- Option for customers to add a review in the corresponding tab
- New tab “Additional Information” for diplaying extra specifications
- Redirect to store view option
- Specify different Google Analytics account for tracking mobile performance
- UX improvements including
- After “Add to Cart” action, automatic scroll to the top of a page
- Terms & conditions” view at checkout
- AJAX loader pictures showing status action
- Full compatibility with Magento Enterprise and its native functionality
- Full Page Caching
- Rewards Points
- Store Credits
- Gift Certificates/Cards
- Gift Registry
- Return Management Authorization (RMA)
Upon purchase you will get free technical support and updates for 90 days for the Community edition and 180 days for the Magento Enterprise edition. The latter also comes with free priority support and installation as well as a personal account manager.