Back in February 2021, DigitalOcean introduced Premium Droplets to their cloud computing platform. Premium AMD Droplets are now available in more datacenters.
- Premium AMD Droplets Now Available In More Datacenters
Earlier this year, DigitalOcean introduced Premium Droplets to support the growing needs of businesses with faster performance and the flexibility to choose underlying hardware for their workloads. Premium AMD Droplets are now available in NYC1, SGP1, AMS3, BLR1, LON1, and TOR1. They now also support both Premium Intel and AMD Droplets in all their regions.
- Managed Databases Now Support Droplets With Dedicated vCPUs
DigitalOcean Managed Databases now support General Purpose Droplets, Storage-Optimized Droplets, and Memory-Optimized Droplets. Unlike the Basic Droplets, all these Droplet types offer 100% dedicated vCPUs and are ideal for mission critical workloads.
- New Capabilities For Kubernetes Clusters
They introduced new capabilities for Kubernetes clusters including:
- Use surge upgrade when upgrading an existing cluster. Surge upgrade is enabled by default when you create a new cluster.
- Move a Kubernetes cluster and its associated resources, such as Droplets, load balancers, and block storage volumes to a project using the DigitalOcean control panel or
- Delete resources, such as load balancers and block storage volumes, associated with a Kubernetes cluster using the DigitalOcean control panel, API, or the
DigitalOcean also launched more 1-Click Apps in the DigitalOcean Marketplace such as Web-WordPress, QloApps, and CloudCasa.
PS: Due to popular demand, DigitalOcean Premium Droplets are now available on Cloudways to supercharge your online presence!