DigitalOcean just published their monthly recap for March 2020. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, they were busy adding new features and benefits to their cloud computing platform including a new bandwidth pricing calculator, new 1-click apps, and more.
Find Out What’s New
- Bandwidth Pricing Calculator
This new tool helps you estimate overage charges due to outbound transfer from your DigitalOcean resources.
- New 1-Click Apps
In the DigitalOcean Marketplace, they launched several new preconfigured 1-Click Apps to help you save time and remove the hassle of provisioning servers. When you deploy one of their 1-Click Apps, you can now access the instructions for the app by clicking the Get Started link next to your Droplet on the project homepage.
- A curated collection of 1-Click Apps for working from home or remotely
- Strapi: A leading open source Node.js Headless CMS
- Kepler: A powerful drag & drop WordPress website builder
- Dokos: A full-featured open source ERP
- Jelastic PaaS: Automates creation, scaling, clustering, and security updates of microservices & monolithic apps
- Titra: An easy and modern way to track your time spent on projects
- Billing History Endpoint In DigitalOcean API
Along with invoices and balance endpoints released earlier this year, their third wave of billing API improvements now adds the billing_history endpoint that allows you to access past invoiced amounts, payments made, credits granted, etc.
- Deletion Of Associated Resources
When you destroy a Droplet, you can now easily delete associated resources like snapshots and volumes.
As of MySQL 8.0, the default authentication plugin was changed to caching_sha2_password. If you are experiencing problems authenticating existing clients and applications, please update your user authentication method.