After publishing a post about 2FA for Magento 2 recently, we would like to inform you about a new correspondent plugin from CreativeMinds. However, they have released a WordPress Two-Factor Authentication plugin into the wild.
WordPress Two-Factor Authentication
The Secure Login & Two-Factor Authentication plugin allows you to increase the security of WordPress admin areas by adding an extra level to the login procedure. Here, you can choose between four different methods including Google Authenticator and one-time codes received via email.
- 4 Two-factor authentication methods available
- Google Authenticator
- SMS / text messages to mobile phones via Amazon SMS service (AWS SNS)
- Verification link via email
- One-time code via email
- Notification templates can easily be customized
- Specify users roles or user accounts who need 2FA
- Set 2FA expiration time
- Set time to logout in case of user inactivity
- Option for admins to remove password from user logins
- Support of shortcodes
- Localization support
Useful Extra Plugins
If you are interested in further strengthening the security of your WordPress site, you might also be interested in the following plugins.
- CM Site Access Restriction: Membership & content restriction
- CM Registration Pro: Registration & login popup with invitation codes, email verification & user roles assignments
- CM E-Mail Registration Blacklist: Block email addresses & domains via whitelists & blacklists
Pricing, Support & Updates
CM Two-Factor Authentication can be purchased from as low as $39 for a single site. A license for up to 5 websites is available for $79. The plugin is also part of the CM WordPress Plugins Suite which gets you access to all 80+ existing and future plugins for $199.00 for the first year. Subsequent year will then be charged $129.35.
Upon purchase you will receive one year of free updates and support. CreativeMinds are providing a user guide, video tutorials and a 30-day money back guarantee.