BigCommerce is one of the world leaders in site speed which has become a major ranking factor to Google. The blazing fast SaaS ecommerce platform is providing native support for Google AMP pages and automatic image compression.
BigCommerce Site Speed
Some of the benefits of BigCommerce’s improved site speed include:
- Increased page load speed: AMP alleviates heavy design elements that slow down page load speed. On average, a 100-millisecond delay in site load time drops conversion rates by seven percent, and by simplifying the site’s content on mobile devices, AMP aids in reducing page load time.
- Optimized search engine visibility: BigCommerce’s native support labels your site as AMP-enabled in Google search results. According to a 2017 survey, the majority of consumers are more inclined to click on an AMP-enabled link than one that is not.
- By enabling AMP support in the control panel, BigCommerce is the first ecommerce platform to natively offer all Google AMP-enabled product and category pages out of the box — without the need for custom coding or costly third-party apps — providing merchants a competitive advantage.
- Automatic image conversion: Detect and instantly convert online images to specific image formats to capitalize on advanced levels of compression provided through WebP, JPEG-XR and JPEG 2000.
- Intelligent image delivery across devices: Automatically deliver resized, mobile-optimized images to mobile shoppers, reducing large files that slow site performance and significantly decreasing the amount of time spent editing different image variants.
- Using Akamai’s perceptual quality algorithm, Image Manager lightens the weight of digital images while maintaining the improved gains in performance, especially when viewing sites from a mobile device. Plus, this better performance leads to higher mobile usage and increased conversion rates.
BigCommerce can be tested free for 15 days. Later if you want to sign up to a paid Plus or Pro plan you can save 10% when paying annually.