BigCommerce, one of the world’s leading SaaS ecommerce platforms, recently announced another big milestone. Developers can now apply for early access to the upcoming launch of the BigCommerce for WordPress plugin.
BigCommerce For WordPress
The plugin allows you to fully integrate the flexible WordPress platform with the robust and scalable commerce engine powered by BigCommerce. WordPress delivers the front-end experience while BigCommerce is handling all commerce-specific aspects including catalog management, transactions, and order/shipping management.
Check out the benefits for both merchants and developers.
- Seamless content-and-commerce experiences
- Industry-leading ecommerce scalability
- Out-of-the-box commerce functionality, e.g. fully-integrated payment & shipping methods
- Enhanced ecommerce security with a PCI compliant checkout
- Low pre-negotiated credit card processing rates, e.g. PayPal powered by Braintree
- Plugin developed by WordPress experts
- Full catalog data access within WordPress
- Unrestricted access to key plugin files to customise product cards, lists, and shopping cart
In addition, BigCommerce launched a new, API-driven Commerce-as-a-Service initiative. It allows to deliver ecommerce experiences via custom and commercial content management systems while centrally managing catalog, customer and order data through BigCommerce.
BigCommerce can be tested free for 15 days. Later if you want to sign up to a paid plan you can save 10% when paying annually.