Earlier this year, Jeff Starr of Plugin Planet released his third WordPress security plugin into the wild. Meet Banhammer Pro which allows to “protect your sites against enemy hordes”.
Banhammer Pro is a lightweight WordPress security plugin that allows you to monitor your site traffic and track suspicious visits in the so-called Armory while being easy on resources. You can protect your WordPress sites against potential threats by banning unwanted visitors including users or bots with a simple click of a button. The plugin features whitelisting, bot detection, and editable targets.
If needed you can drop the banhammer on targets and lock them in the Tower. There, you can manage, view details, leave notes, and restore site access to banned targets.
- Monitor site traffic via AJAX-powered UI
- Warn, Ban, Restore, or Whitelist targets (users or bots)
- Target by IP, user agent, user, request, or referrer
- Custom banned messages, response codes & email alerts
- Enable protection of the login page & admin area
- Monitor site traffic in the Armory
- Useful tools such as jump, sort, search
- Enable/disable logging with a click of a button
- View advanced data like POST & FILES
- Automatically clear logged data
- Manage banned and warned targets in the Tower
- Whitelist, restore, warn or ban targets
- Edit/customize targets for greater control
- Custom ban message & private notes
- Optional redirect for banned targets
- Smart bot detection
- Self-ban safety net
- Sound effects for Ban & Warn buttons
- Detailed inline documentation
- Lightweight, fast & easy to use
Banhammer Pro has been built the WP API by a WordPress (security) expert. As such, it works just fine with all WordPress themes and third-party experts.
Pricing, Support & Updates
Banhammer Pro comes with a very competitive price tag. Pricing starts from a one-time fee from as low as $25 for a single site and up to $200 for unlimited sites. All licenses come with lifetime updates and (premium) support including a detailed documentation, tutorials, forums and support via email.
Plugin Planet are also offering a free version which comes with limited features and less control options.
More Security Plugins
Do you want to tighten up the security of your WordPress site even further? Check out BBQ Pro, a firewall security plugin. Also, you might be interested in Blackhole Pro, a security plugin that detects and traps bad bots.