iThemes just announced the landing of the latest and greatest version of BackupBuddy. Their WordPress backup plugin has been improved with some great new features, especially in terms of its WordPress staging and deployment functionalities.
WordPress Staging & Deployment
The deployment feature allows you to push or pull the database, media files, plugins and active themes of WordPress sites back and forth between staging live sites. Thus, developing on live websites is definitely a thing of the past.
Check out the feature highlights of BackupBuddy 8.2:
- Significant speed improvements: Deploy up to 15 times faster when pushing changes to live sites
- New exclusion & inclusion options for files and folders
- Search engine visibility option for staging sites
- Improved overall speed & reliability of Deployment API process
- Better UTF8 support for filenames
- All remotely performed transactions are now logged on the remote server
BackupBuddy, Plugin Suite and Toolkit customers will get free access to BackupBuddy 8.2 right from within their WordPress dashboard or via a manual download from the iThemes member panel. Licensed sites will get automatic updates. Also you can update BackupBuddy on all your sites from your Sync dashboard.