As Magento 2 does not allow store owners to delete orders by default, you can either delete them from the database by running a script or use a proper extension to do the task. Alternatively, you can cancel redundant orders and just leave them where they are. Obviously, that doesn’t seem to be an option for you…
Delete Order for Magento 2
A few months ago, Amasty released the Delete Order extension for Magento 2 into the wild. The module allows you to permanently delete orders along with any related information or automatically archive orders. Thus, you can keep your order grid clean from test, fraudulent or cancelled orders. The archiving orders routine can be set by number of days, frequency, or by order statuses such as Complete, Closed, or Suspected Fraud.
- Automatically archive orders (restorable)
- Completey delete orders & related data (non-reversible)
- Mass order actions
- Order archive on separate grid
- Set the number of days before orders get archived
- Select one or multiple order statuses for archiving
- Set archive frequency
- Option to hide archived orders on the frontend aka customer accounts
- Receive order archiving notifications via email
- Force cron job actions to quickly archive orders
- Remove, archive & restore orders via an API
Pricing, Support & Updates
The Delete Order for Magento 2 can be purchased for $119 for the Community edition. The Enterprise edition is available for an additional $300.
Amasty are providing a 60-day money-back guarantee, free lifetime updates, free support for 3 months, a paid installation service as well as a detailed documentation including FAQs, videos and a PDF user guide. Optional renewals of support periods are up to 25% off.