Serif just announced the arrival of Affinity Photo for iPad, a fully-featured professional photo editing tool. After the release of Affinity for Windows, this is the next big step for their awesome creative apps to become cross-platform.
Affinity Photo for iPad
Affinity Photo for iPad comes with virtually the same features as the respective desktop versions. Thus, Serif will redefine the way of photo editing on tablets. Just like they did when they started to compete against Adobe Photoshop.
The Serif team has redesigned every tool, panel and control and optimized it for touch for fingertip and Apple Pencil. Also all adjustments and effects are fully hardware-accelerated.
The desktop version of Affinity Photo is one of the most elegant pieces of design software on the market, and that excellence appears to have been successfully transferred to the iPad.
– Webdesigner Depot
- Optimised for iPad: Multi-touch UI, Metal accelerated, intuitive Apple Pencil support & full iCloud drive integration
- Complete retouching tools including an accurate inpainting brush along with full frequency separation capability
- Non-destructive adjustments: Correct and enhance images with Levels, Curves, Black & White, White Balance, HSL, Shadows and Highlights, etc.
- Super accurate selections: The selection refinement algorithm is one of the most advanced available, allowing to make selections, even down to individual strands of hair, easier than ever before
- Comprehensive Liquify Workspace: Push images around with your fingertips or use brushes like turbulence, pinch, punch and twirl in a dedicated liquify persona
- Real time effects: Affinity Photo comes with a huge range of high-end filters & real-time live preview
- Comprehensive RAW editing: Develop camera RAW files in a dedicated built-in workspace
- File compatibility: PSD support plus all standards including PNG, JPG, TIFF, EPS, PDF & SVG
- Colour space support: RGB, CMYK, LAB, Greyscale. End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management & 32-bit per channel editing
- HDR Merge with tone mapping: Merge multiple exposure brackets together into a single unbounded 32-bit image, with full tone mapping control
- Native resolution support for 10.5-inch iPad Pro (v1.6.3)
- Portrait mode implementation (v1.6.3)
- Panoramas can be created from RAW files (v1.6.3)
- HDR Merge can be performed on RAW files (v1.6.3)
- Full iOS 11 support including new drag & drop and multi-selection functionality (v1.6.5)
- Shoot directly in RAW or HDR from within the iPad app (v1.6.7)
As the backend of Affinity Photo for Windows, Mac and iOS is the same, you can seamlessly share your files across all platforms. Another good news: Affinity Designer for iPad is already in the works!
Within hours of its release, it became #1 Photography app for iPad. It has just been selected by Apple as their
App of the Year 2017!
To celebrate the launch, Serif are running an introductory discount. For a limited time you can get your hands on Affinity Photo for iPad for just $19.99 / €21,99 (regular price $29.99 / €32,99). Please note that this offer expires June 28, 2017.
It’s compatible with iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch. There’s no subscription fee and future updates are included.